Diet is the most important part of the treatment of gastritis. Depending on certain characteristics of the disease (for example, acidity in the stomach and the presence of erosive, atrophic, and other forms), the diet may change relative to what can and cannot be included in the menu.
If a person has an unbalanced diet, occasionally drinks alcohol, smokes, and often suffers from severe stress, then he will inevitably develop gastritis. This is a disease that causes inflammation of the stomach lining, because it destroys the integrity of the stomach wall. As a result, various unpleasant symptoms appeared, mainly acute pain in the upper abdomen. In addition, bloating, gas, nausea and vomiting occur, and appetite decreases or disappears completely, which usually leads to weight loss. There are many forms of gastritis, including the ability to be caused by an infectious environment, but in any case, in order to be successfully treated, the diet must be healthy. Not only need to change the dietary structure, determine the food that can and cannot be eaten, but also change the principle of nutrition to make it a system with a stable menu throughout the week, dividing all food into 5 to 6 meals. When the condition worsens, the diet should be tightened. In addition, if the acidity of gastritis is high or low, there are some subtle differences.
What to do and not to do with gastritis?
The main difference in diet will be determined by acidity. During the diagnosis, the preliminary treatment determines which indicator is in a particular patient.
For the most common acidity, there are three basic principles to follow:
- Machinery. It defines a ban on fried foods. In addition, crude fiber is not allowed, such as bran bread, rutabaga, radish, and meat veins.
- Chemistry. It says that you need to give up foods that promote the secretion of hydrochloric acid needed for the digestive process, such as soda, alcohol, and citrus fruits. In addition, concentrated soups based on meat and fish are prohibited.
- Hot. It involves eating at an optimal temperature, which is usually between 16-55 degrees Celsius. If the food becomes hot or cold, it will cause esophageal irritation during gastritis, resulting in an increase in the duration of food absorption, thereby increasing the burden on the stomach.
If the environment in the stomach is acidic, low-fat types of fish and meat, dairy products, and eggs (which can be used as omelets or boiled semi-cooked) are suitable for nutrition. In addition, the diet may also contain peeled tomatoes, boiled zucchini, potatoes, etc.
A diet with low acidity gastritis includes foods that promote greater release of digestive enzymes. For this reason, it is also important to regulate food consumption procedures. This should be done slowly. It is important to spend at least half a minute chewing some food, and the eating process should last at least half an hour. The secretion of hydrochloric acid will significantly improve the intake of slightly carbonated mineral water. Drink 200 ml of this mineral water each time before meals. All kinds of fruits and vegetables are allowed and must be eaten immediately after meals, because snacks are not allowed in the diet. Fruits and vegetables should be light-weight based on the principle of no hard fiber. In order to further promote the digestion process, it is best to peel the fruit beforehand and eat only the pulp.
Compared with high acidity, low acidity brings some relaxation. Small amounts of chocolate products, clear soups and broths as well as river fish, mushrooms and lean meats (including rabbit and veal) are acceptable. Milk derivatives are allowed, but it is best to refuse.
What is not allowed?
If you suffer from gastric acidosis, please do not use:
- Chocolate products;
- Deep-fried, spicy food;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Foods rich in plant or animal fat;
Diet during the worsening period-this week's menu
In the case of aggravation of the disease, a compromise should be found to enable the human body to obtain all the necessary nutrients and trace elements, but the diet should be kept neutral at the same time, and will not stimulate the mucous membrane, so it will be intensely inflammatory. In this case, you need to help digestion as much as possible to make it pass quickly. For this, try to grind all food as much as possible, and only cook it while cooking or steaming.
The important thing is to make a balanced and gentle menu, but also to strictly abide by the menu and eat at strictly prescribed times every day. The interval between two administrations should not exceed three hours, otherwise the stomach will empty and worsen. Unable to communicate because it is full of stomach congestion. In the evening, you need to eat within three to four hours before going to bed.
Oddly, but during the worsening period, it is recommended to first sky belly. However, the stomach still needs to be supplemented. For this, you need to drink a lot of distilled water and weak tea. Any liquid you drink should be warm. From the next day, it is allowed to drink porridge, the same is the mashed potatoes in water. In addition, boiled eggs, non-concentrated soups on ground vegetables will also be useful. As gastritis worsens, fat-rich foods should be completely eliminated from the diet, because they break down very slowly.
Monday and Wednesday:
- Oatmeal and preserved breakfast;
- For the second time, you can eat steamed cheesecake for breakfast;
- Lunch includes mashed potatoes, vegetable soup with breadcrumbs, boiled fish and preserves;
- Afternoon snack-biscuits with light tea;
- Dinner-Spaghetti garnish, with lean meat and light tea steamed meatloaf.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday:
- Breakfast includes baked apples, cheesecake and preserves;
- The second time, you should have a cup of jelly for breakfast;
- You need to dine with vegetable soup, steamed fish, mineral water in gas;
- You can mix unsweetened light tea and white bread croutons in the afternoon snack;
- For dinner, eat cheese casserole and fruit plate.
- For breakfast, eggs should be boiled for 5-6 minutes and washed with candied fruit;
- During the second breakfast, eat cheesecake and tea;
- Lunch stewed vegetables, mashed potato soup, jelly;
- Afternoon snack-a cup of kefir with croutons;
- Dinner should be cooked on the water.
Gastritis diet #1
Diet 1 seems tough enough. However, since it is very important for people with gastritis or gastric ulcer to restore the normal digestion and non-irritation of the gastric mucosa, using it is a mandatory measure. This diet is prescribed at the end of the exacerbation phase. In the cooking method, you can only use cooking, steaming, and baking. Reducing the consumption of salt is extremely important, because the presence of salt will negatively affect the state of the inner surface of the stomach. In addition, salt will slow down the excretion of water from the body.
Diet 1 divides the daily diet into five to six meals. In this case, the total calories consumed cannot exceed 2, 000.
The main dishes that should be included in diet 1 include:
- Vegetable soup. The vegetable base can be replaced with vermicelli or rice;
- Lean meat and fish have no veins and other indigestible ingredients;
- The bread products should be eaten yesterday, dried and eaten in the form of biscuits.
You can consume fermented dairy products sparingly, such as cheese, yogurt, and skimmed milk.
Avoid diet 1:
- Rye bread;
- Soups based on mushrooms and meat-you will have to give up okroshka, borscht, cabbage soup;
- Smoked products;
- Fish and other canned foods.
When the action of the disease causes gastric erosion, gastritis is called erosion, called ulcer. Ulcer is a more serious disease that can lead to very serious consequences, including, for example, peritonitis. When wall erosion gradually leads to a through hole, the contents of the stomach enter the abdominal cavity. If there is no emergency surgical treatment, this situation will be full of death.
The cause of erosion and the effect of Helicobacter pylori infection is the effect of substances or overly acidic gastric juice. Therefore, for erosive gastritis, the correct diet is very important to slow down and reverse the process of ulcer formation.
If the patient suffers from erosive gastritis, the following dietary principles should be followed:
- You need to eat liquid, warm, ground food regularly. At the same time, it is necessary to minimize the fat and salt in the diet;
- Reject bad habits, spices, sodas;
- Vegetables should be cooked through heat treatment;
- The focus of food should be soup and grains.
Food and menu (if the patient has atrophic gastritis
The atrophic form is relatively difficult to diagnose because there are no symptoms in the early stages of the pathology. Among the few signs of the disease, a smell can be noticed after frying and getting fat, which smells very unpleasant. In addition, the inevitable accompaniment of atrophic gastritis is general weakness, brittle legs and hair, and skin problems.
Atrophic gastritis imposes strict restrictions on the list of possible and impossible. Diet should be given up:
- Black bakery products, baked muffins;
- Smoked food;
- Various mushrooms;
- Peas, beans;
- Canned food;
- Untreated fruits and vegetables; Soda water, including mineral water;
Like other gastritis diets, cooking methods such as frying and smoking are completely forbidden during the atrophy stage. To make the product ready, it can be boiled, steamed and baked
In atrophic gastritis, it is important to eat:
- A soup made from ground vegetables;
- Various grains on the water;
- Cooked lean meat, chopped;
- Low-fat milk derivatives;
- boiled eggs;
- Unleavened bread, rusks;
- Heat-treated fruits and vegetables;
- For sweets, you can indulge in jam, jelly and mousse.